Victor says that he just happened to be in the right place at the right time, and he took on the challenge of entering local showbiz despite the fact that he doesn’t know how to speak Tagalog that well. But after people saw him in MariMar as Bella’s attorney, he started getting more exposure, more fans, and more projects! Watch out for him, because his star is definitely on the rise!
Name: Victor Aliwalas
Birthday: September 7, 1983
Birth Place: Columbus, Ohio
Showbiz Anniversary: January 2008
Full Name: Victor Napoleon Aliwalas
Claim to fame:
“Attorney of MariMar” and “Doctor Tommy Rommero”
“Football with the neighborhood kids after school when we were younger. [We] had a great barkada growing up, [and I] still keep in touch with a lot of them.”
Victor’s hit list:
1. He watches Entourage, The Sopranos, NBC Nightly News, UFC and The Family Guy.
2. Michael Douglas, Sylvester Stallone, Matthew Mcconaughey and Jeremy Piven are his favorite actors.
3. He listens to the music of John Mayer, 50 Cent and Lucciano Pavoratti.
4. He says, “I’m more of a publication/magazine reader.”
5. “The 4 years I spent in college, making new friends, learning and definitely partying.”
6. He loved watching Forrest Gump, Top Gun, Rocky 4, Boiler Room and Old School
7. His favorite fashion item is the Burberry suit given by his sister.
8. He plays lacrosse and golf.
9. He has a crush on Charlize Theron, Catherine Zeta Jones and Kate Hudson!
10. His hobbies include weight lifting, boxing, eating out, computers, cars and bar hopping.
Victor plays Lacrosse and Golf.
Q & A
On the spot:
Why did you enter showbiz?
“I was fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time, [and] I kind of just fell into it. The opportunity presented itself so I took on the challenge.”
What was the toughest challenge you had to face?
“Trying to learn Tagalog and speak it fluently without a very strong accent. Also just adjusting to the pace of life here and the way things are done.”
What is your biggest frustration or regret?
“I regret not learning Tagalong from my parents when I was younger, matigas ang ulo ko doon sa States, every time my parents would try to teach me Tagalog I didn’t want to.”
What are you most proud of?
“Anything that makes my parents and sister happy; I consider being proud of that, thus far probably graduating from a good college and my work history (my resume).”
What are your limitations?
“I have many limitations, haha! I’m Maarte. Sobra hahaha!”
Describe yourself in three words.
“Compassionate, Strong, trustworthy.”
What is your most memorable experience with a fan?
“Walking off the set after the MariMar wedding scene!!! Having a huge crowd rush [towards] me and having to be escorted by security to my car…It was a pretty intense feeling.”
What are your fears?
“Failure, Losing something I love.”
What is your biggest dream?
“In the future, getting married to the woman of my dreams and having a beautiful family. Spending time with them and my parents and my sister and her family/…”