While he had helped save lives and homes from fires, a Bicol-based fireman was helpless as he watched a fire destroy his house before dawn Saturday.
Leopoldo Cariño lost his belongings in the fire believed caused by a candle left unattended, according to a report on Bombo Radyo.
The report cited initial information from the Bicol police regional office that the fire started at 4:30 a.m. in South Poblacion village in Juban town.
Arson investigators estimated the damage to property at P1.1 million.
The local Bureau of Fire Protection said the fire razed the entire house. — LBG, GMANews.TV