Aside from the obvious Mayan Calendar and Biblical references, there are also some interesting factoids spawning all over the web that would really add up to the end-of-the-world scenario. Some are interesting, some are funny, and most are just weirdly connected. Want to know them all?
1) The 2012 Olympics will be held in that great city of the World London.
2) NASA predicts that a great meteor will narrowly miss the earth in 2012.
3) The Vatican holds very closely to the Prophecy of St. Malachy. This Medieval Monk had described, one by one, a total of 112 popes until Doomsday. The current Pope, Benedict XVI is the 111th named Pope. Only one Pope remains. And he has a name: Peter the Roman.
4) There are exactly 2012 days between the June 20 2007 Summer solstice and the December 21 2012 Winter solstice.
5) It is anticipated that the last son of the KGB, Vladimir Putin, will return to rule Russia in 2012.
6) The Times News Network predicts that global financial markets will crash in 2012.
7) An elder of the New Zealand Maori reports that the Maoris have taught for centuries that the great curtain over the world will be “torn” in 2012.
8) According to numerology, every number has a corresponding letter associated with it. Reading the date as a number, 12-21-12, it translates into A-B-B-A-A-B. Reading it from left to right, it becomes BA ABBA. In Hebrew, a language read from left to right, it means “Father comes / Father is coming”.
9) Did you know that the Earth has a heartbeat? Yes! It is called the Schumann Cavity Resonance, the frequency of the Earth. Since its discovery up ’til 1986 the Earth’s “heartbeat” was a constant 7.8 Hertz per second. Since then it raised dramatically up to 10 Hertz per second, up to 1998. After that, magnetic properties of the Earth dramatically dropped and is expected to reach its zero point on… 2012.
10) When viewed from above, the layout of the three Giza Pyramids in Egypt coincides with the shape that will be assumed by the three stars which make up the belt of the constellation Orion on December 21, 2012.
11)World oil consumption is beginning to peak through the abuse and misuse of the earth’s natural resources, and it is predicted that oil consumption will peak in 2012.
12)The alignment of Sun, Moon and the earth on December 21, 2012 is significant because gravitational release of hidden asteroids can take place.
Feel free to visit for more Cool Interesting Facts About 2012.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Brian_Fieldstone