When: May 30
Where: Bulan, Sorsogon What is it:
- Town Fiesta celebrated to honor Bulan’s patron saint, Our Lady of Immaculate Conception.
- The festivities are an expression of this coastal community’s gladness and thanksgiving for God’s bounties and gifts.
- Padaraw also expresses not only the bounties of the sea but of the plains and mountains as well, for which the people of Bulan give thanks to God.
Attractions and Highlights:
- Grand presentation of ethnic music and creative street dancing.
- Showcases colorful costumes fashioned from the abaca fiber.
- Padaraw is derived from a purely Bicol term which is commonly used by local fishermen.
- The root word “daraw” refers to the groups or schools of fish which converge at a certain single point in the sea. This daraw becomes a convergence point for the fishermen to make their catch for the day.
- Padaraw therefore, means unity.